We are looking to recruit trailblazing new board members as we – a community-driven company- embark on the most exciting chapter in our history.
BEC drives valuable regeneration that benefits local communities by reinvesting profits from its lettings portfolio into environmentally sensitive, community driven developments.
Operating from the beautiful Westlakes Science Park near Whitehaven – a location it owns and is made up of some of Europe’s most dynamic nuclear, research and development and technology businesses – BEC is looking to appoint non-executive board members as the company delivers its most ambitious plans to date including:
- The completion of BEC’s Whitehaven harbour scheme and redevelopment of the former Whittles building as a digital gaming and community hub to support the aspirations of young people.
- The reimagining and transformation of Westlakes into a valued community asset with plans to create “a smart micro-grid allowing for renewable energy to fulfil as much of the site’s electricity needs as possible” and at a community level supporting local renewable energy generation.
- Delivering a range of new developments in Allerdale.
And we now want to recruit non-executive board members with experience in property management, economic regeneration and property finance in particular.
The successful candidates must have “credible executive level experience in complex organisations” and have “a real commitment to nurture, develop and grow BEC’s business and communities”.
The role comes with a £5,000 per annum salary and the requirement to attend four BEC board meetings each year and support sub-groups as appropriate.
Sitting on the main board the non-executive posts are independent members of BEC – and although not an exhaustive list the job includes:
- Contributing to BEC’s governance and setting its vision, values and strategic direction and alongside fellow Board Directors “make a positive and profound contribution to the communities it works in, inspiring and empowering people to succeed in life”
- Contributing to BECs strategic direction, financial and operational objectives, targets and plans and establishing excellent relationships with other Board Directors, Executive Team members, employees and customers
- And help ensure the continued effectiveness of the Board, undertaking performance appraisals and participating in learning and development opportunities.
BEC chief executive, Michael Pemberton said: “Our success as a business is built on the foundations of our people. In the last few years our team has taken the business forward in a way that we could not have imagined a few short years ago – and I am so proud of what we have achieved.
“We have some ambitious aims for the next eight years and we will continue to support the development and welfare of our amazing team.
“I know this next year will be hugely rewarding and I am really looking forward to working alongside the non-executive board members we are recruiting – we want to hear from people with proven senior business experience and who share our cherished values to help shape the exciting next chapter of the BEC story.”
The closing date for anyone wishing to apply for the roles is Friday, June 3 with interviews scheduled to take place in late June.
To read the full job advert please visit here.
To apply please email a CV and brief statement to firstname.lastname@example.org
A copy of our Corporate Strategy 2022-2030 is available if you email Gemma as above.